20 Reasons Why You Need to Set Boundaries
1. Crappy, endless, exhausting, thankless work on behalf of others is killing you.
2. You can’t want more for someone than they want for themselves. You will only burn yourself out trying.
3. When you are the dependable person who always takes care of everyone no one has to step up to do it. You give everyone an easy way out.
4. You have the right to say no to everything and all things and in doing so you honor yourself and require others to step up.
5. Just because you are expected to do something doesn’t mean that you have to do something.
6. Being the dependable one is a slippery slope to a disengaged life.
7. Being the dependable one drains you of your life force, your dreams and any sense of sanity.
8. You have the right to live your life in a more peaceful, engaged way.
9. You are not here, on earth, to save everyone. That is not your job. That is not your responsibility.
10. You deserve to live your life and not carry others through theirs.
11. You teach people how to treat you.
12. On a subconscious level everyone is seeking to uncover your operating instructions.
13. Boundaries help people feel more at ease.
14. Boundaries let people know how to successfully interact with you.
15. Setting boundaries is a requirement for healthy interactions and a healthy, fulfilled life.
16. Boundaries are the structure that allow your energy to flow in ways that support your highest version of yourself.
17. Boundaries tell your children that you care about yourself and you care enough about them and that they matter enough to you for you to establish limits.
18. Your lack of boundaries for your children impacts others, not just you.
19. Limits and boundaries make your children feel safe, loved and cared for.
20. Boundaries help you live in the energy of ease.
©2015 Are You Willing to Be Seen? Coaching