Are You Allowing Yourself to Laugh?
Laughing is wonderful self-care.
It is well-documented that laughing:
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Increases vascular blood flow and oxygenation of the blood.
- Gives a workout to the diaphragm and to the abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg and back muscles
- Reduces certain stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.
- Increases the response of tumor and disease-killing cells such as Gamma-interferon and T-cells.
- Defends against respiratory infections and can reduce the frequency of colds.
- Increases memory and learning
- Improves alertness, creativity and memory.
With all of these benefits, why wouldn’t you want to laugh all day?
Find something funny to laugh at and allow yourself to laugh.
If you laugh for 10 minutes, you will feel like you are on top of the world.
Even fake laughing will give you the benefits of laughter.
©2016 Are You Willing to Be Seen? Coaching