14 Tips For Thriving Through the Holidays – Bonus Tip #1
Laughing is wonderful self-care. Even though it may feel like there is nothing to laugh at laughing is an incredibly powerful way to change your state of being.
It is well-documented that laughing:
- lowers blood pressure
- increases vascular blood flow and oxygenation of the blood
- gives a workout to the diaphragm and to the abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg and back muscles
- reduces certain stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline
- increases the response of tumor and disease-killing cells such as Gamma-interferon and T-cells
- defends against respiratory infections and can reduce the frequency of colds
- increases memory and learning
- improves alertness, creativity and memory
Even fake laughing will give you the benefits of laughter.
Find something funny to laugh at and give yourself permission to laugh for a few minutes. Your body needs this. If you laugh for 10 minutes, you will feel like you are on top of the world.